As many of you might already know, 5G is the 5th generation of mobile networks, a significant evolution of today’s 4G LTE networks. In many countries the initial frequency bands for 5G are below 6 GHz. Additional mobile spectrum above 6 GHz, including the 26-28 GHz bands often referred to as millimeter (mm) Wave, will provide significantly more capacity compared to the current mobile technologies. Future 5G deployments may use mmW frequencies in bands up to 86 GHz. Now here are some facts relating to 5G that most people do not know.
- There is Space based 5G: Various companies have proposed to provide 5G through satellites that will be located in the earth’s orbit. The American FCC in November,2018 approved SpaceX’s request to launch a constellation of 7,518 satellites into orbit, a major regulatory hurdle the company needed to clear in its plans to provide internet coverage from space. So we can expect a combined 20,000 satellites in low and medium earth orbit, that will blanket the earth with powerful, focused, steerable beams.
- There are studies that prove that sweat ducts of the skin(epidermis) absorb millimeter wave radiation. Excerpts from Research work done by Dr Ben-Ishai of the department of Physics, Hebrew University, Israel states that:
“We found that sweat ducts work like helical antennas … the sweat duct was an integral part of the mechanism for the absorption of energy, electromagnetic, between 75-100 GHz, and that if you changed the character of the sweat duct, i.e. made it work, you could actually change that absorption at some point, and if you could do that you could trace how a person is under stress.“
- 5G has a millimeter wave weaponized “cousin*” called Active Denial Systems. It is used by the US military for their non-lethal weapons program for crowd dispersal. It operates through 95 GHz millimeter waves and has the capacity to cause tremendous injury.
*Please note that 5G cellular technology is not the same as ADS
4. There are dozens of Petitions and Appeals by International Scientists against Wireless Technology
Even before 5G came to market, dozens of petitions and appeals by international scientists, including the Freiburger Appeal signed by over 1,000 physicians, called for the halt to the expansion of wireless technology. In 2015, 215 scientists from 41 countries complained to the UN and WHO stating that numerous scientific publications have shown that Electromagnetic Fields affect living organisms at levels well below most international and national guidelines. These effects include: Cancer, Alteration of heart rhythm, cognitive impairment, Miscarriage, oxidative stress, obesity and diabetes, to name a few. 5G technology is not spared from these petitions and appeals- in fact, it seems to have aggravated the situation. WHO recently stated that a health risk assessment from exposure to 5G and other RFs will be carried out and published by 2022.
5. Everywhere in Europe should have a 5G connection by 2025
This is based off of the European Action Plan for 5G which aims to have a simultaneous launch of services among EU member states, starting at the end of this year, and with a full roll-out in all member states by the end of 2025. According to the commission, 5G services will be available in 138 European cities by the end of this year.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section. Thank you for reading!